Saturday, January 1, 2011

Really a HAPPY NEW Year

When the whole world was either celebrating, driving, shouting or Drunk, I decided to take the extra effort to put on my jacket and come to your place. It was a surprise and I never stop loving the way you make a face when you see me at your door step, EVERY-TIME. You hugged me, oblivious to the ever watchful eyes of people around, and some how, for once, i did not mind at all. The sweet talks, the way you lie on me, the way you look at me, I thought I could see them only in stories, in some distant fairy tale. But this is no fairy tale, since this is not a '... happily ever after'. But it is ..' happy for the moment, for every single moment'.

The night sky lit up with fireworks when the clock struck 12 and there was so much fun looking at the fireworks from the terrace, reading constellations, you were listening to me explaining the stars, the orion's belt even though you knew them all. The way you hugged me, the smell of my jacket lingering on your shoulders, reminding of all the nicest things around. Seems the whole world was celebrating the new year, when we were celebrating the newest year to come.. filled with happiness.

Perhaps the fireworks were not just in the sky.

1 comment: