Sunday, April 17, 2011

Distance ~ Its just a scientific notation

The last time i saw you , you were walking up to join the endless line to put on your luggage which goes on a conveyor to 'god only knows where'. And as i was waiting there , looking at you, wishing that this moment never came, at least this soon, you turned around , and smiled. I held back all the tears and smiled back, which brought me hope. "Just 2 weeks Joe, and she will be back". If anyone said time flies, he must be mad or in coma. For all i knew, time stood still as i did, rooted to the same spot. And now, two weeks gone, and with so many nights of dreams of being to gether, lovely dreams which filled my heart, and when i woke up, realization of reality welled up thru my eyes.

So what if it is so many miles away. My heart is still in my reach , and you are there , warm and cosy , safe and sound, just like you cuddle up oblivious to all the surprises and sorrows that are awaiting. Distance is inevitable. Distance is real. There is nothing that you can do to UNDO that realisation that you are so far from me.

Now i stand here, where i stood 2 weeks back, thinking of the happy times, for a long time to come. Like said, the slow motion running and the rains. Things will be lovely, and when you hug me tight and the distance between us is no more.

I would then realize that Distance is just a scientific notation. Not space between us.

1 comment:

  1. As I stood by you at the airport, loving every second of your welcoming smile...
    There was a part of my heart which ached...
    It ached because it knows that the next time we would be standing here, you will be flying to distant shores... and watching u disappear amongst the crowd will be my last memory of you.

    ReplyDelete